I do have a couple of online auctions that I keep an eye on. One just so happened to have this marble top dresser that I really liked. It obviously needed some TLC.
The back was a complete different story... I actually felt sorry for it :)
It has great lines, great bones & is charming...
Plus it has a marble top!!
I had been wanting to try my hand at adding a little depth to some of my pieces. I decided to try a little faux painting on this one.
What could it hurt? If I didn't like it, I'd just repaint it!!
I gathered my materials - paint, brushes, applicator, wax, sand paper, etc...
I chose 3 different paint colors that included - white latex paint, Maison Blanche Wrought Iron, and Martha Stewart Silver Metallic.
The picture above is the first application of the process.
I needed to see it with the top on to make sure my vision was coming to life.
It was... I could see where I was going!!
I finished up, lightly sanded to remove any rough spots, and then used lime wax from Briwax to complete!
It is now sitting in my booth at Newburgh Vintage Emporium!! Hopefully it will find a loving home soon!
I think it was a successful first attempt at a little faux painting :)