This dresser has been sitting in my basement for several months. I was cleaning up downstairs & said to myself "ehh what the heck let me start on it"!!
I had taken the drawers out a long time ago...... I mean this sweet thing has some wonderful bones!!
And, there they sat...waiting...waiting and waiting. They were asking ever so kindly to be loved!
I sanded down the top, which oh my goodness took me a lifetime! But, I am glad I did. I knew I wanted to add a stain to the top, but it was going to be gray so I needed to get to the original wood.
I used a weathered gray from Minwax on the top. Before I applied the stain, I did a really light white paint over the top, wiped it down, and then applied the gray stain. It took a couple of coats, but in the end the Miniwax Weathered Gray was the exact look I was going for.
I painted the entire dresser in antique white. Once it was dry I applied my cut out that I created using my Silhouette Cameo onto the drawers.
I used some leftover paint I had called dark graphite on the harlequin pattern. Once it was dry, I lightly sanded to create a distressed look.
I really liked the original hardware & wanted to keep it. So I spray painted it black.
And, then once it was dry, I used a graphic metallic wax by CeCe Caldwell & applied it over all of the hardware.
I added bit of the metallic wax to the bottom to bring out the design. I then gave the top a wipe on poly for protection, and used a white wax over the entire dresser.
I really enjoy seeing the transformation of this dresser. It turned out far better than I imagined!!
With much love, peace & happiness ~